Applying Natural Oils to Nourish Your Brows
When it comes to beauty, eyebrows are one of the most important features as they draw attention to your eyes, framing your face and communicating your expressions. If you’re looking for a natural way to give your brows some love, applying natural oils is the way to go. Nourishing your brows with the right oils can help hydrate, condition and give them a fuller look.
In this article, we’ll cover the basics of why you should use natural oils, what oils to use and how to apply them to nourish your brows.
Why Use Natural Oils?
Using natural oils when it comes to your beauty routine has a lot of benefits. Plant oils are packed with antioxidants to help protect your skin from free radical damage and prevent signs of aging, like wrinkles, fine lines or saggy skin. They are also rich in vitamins and other essential fatty acids that can help moisturise and nourish your skin.
Moreover, natural oils are gentle on the skin and are hypoallergenic, which means they are unlikely to irritate sensitive eyes or cause breakouts. With the right natural oils, you can keep your brows looking their best without worrying about harsh reactions or side effects.
What Oils should I use?
Natural oils are generally derived from plants and are loaded with excellent nutrients to keep your skin and hair healthy and hydrated.
Here’s a list of some of the most commonly used oils to nourish your brows:
- Argan oil
- Castor oil
- Coconut oil
- Jojoba oil
- Olive oil
These are all excellent choices to nourish your brows, but there are also many other types of oil to choose from depending on your needs and preferences. Just make sure you always single-ingredient natural oils to get the most benefit from your beauty routine.
How to apply natural oils?
Now that you know which oils to use for your brows, it’s time to get applying.
- Step 1: Wash your face with your regular cleanser and then towel dry.
- Step 2: Take a small amount of natural oil (such as argan or castor oil) on your fingertips.
- Step 3: Massage the oil into your brows in a circular motion until they are lightly covered.
- Step 4: Leave the oil on your brows overnight.
- Step 5: In the morning, wash off the oil with warm water.
If your brows are particularly dry, you can apply a little extra oil. Alternatively, you can also mix the natural oil with a bit of water for a lighter application.
You should use natural oils for your eyebrows at least once a week to take advantage of their nourishing properties.
Tips for Healthy Brows
As with any beauty routine, there are always some useful tips to keep your brows looking their best:
- Keep your brows clean by using a gentle cleanser or oil to remove any excess dirt or makeup.
- Avoid over-plucking or waxing your brows to keep them full and healthy.
- Protect your brows from the sun with a broad-spectrum sunscreen.
- Eat plenty of skin-nourishing foods like fruits and vegetables for healthy, glowing skin.
- Massage your brows daily to boost circulation and stimulate hair growth.
Using natural oils to nourish your brows is an excellent way to keep them looking full and healthy. Natural oils can also help protect against free radical damage, so they’re great for fighting signs of aging as well.
Just remember to always use high-quality, single-ingredient oils, avoid over-plucking and waxing and follow these tips for healthy brows. With the right care, your brows can look their best and draw attention to your beautiful eyes.